The original Prairie Lanes bowling center started out downtown Sun Prairie on the corner of Columbus St. and Main St.
Prairie Lanes was then rebuilt on the corner of Bird St. and Main St. with 8 lanes.
Hub Spahn bought the 8 lane center and in 1958 added 4 more lanes to
make up the 12 lane bowling center.
In 1971, brothers, Bob Bussan and Leo Bussan bought Prairie Lanes from Hub Spahn, and moved it to its existing
location on Clarmar Drive. It opened mid-season in December of 1974. The center had 20 lanes, and in 1977, 12
more lanes were added on to make up the current 32 lane center.
In 1998, Don Bussan bought the bowling center from his father and uncle. Since then Prairie Lanes has undergone
two massive remodels. The latest has included a brand new bar with 11 flat panel televisions, two giant projection
screen tvs, and 20 tap lines. Also part of the latest remodel is a brand new and spacious kitchen, magnificent banquet
room, state of the art game room, top of the line pro shop, and much, much more
In Prairie Lanes today, there are 4 lanes that came from the original bowling center on the corner of Bird St. and Main St.